Monday, February 16, 2009

Best Friends

Why is it that we always fall for our bestfriends?Is it because we know we can trust them? Is it because we know them so well? Is it because they know exactly whats going on in our head?Or is it because they are there any day, any time, anywhere without the promise of kisses, intimate touches or whispered sentiments of love?
I think we love them because they are there when there's nothing in it for them, nothing except that smile they hope to see on your face.We love them because they love us for exactly who we are.We love them because this life just would not be the same without them.And we love them simply because we love loving them.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Its because in the most dire of states they r ready to accept us...also they belive u without the doubt of reasonability..they stand by u ..when most of the ppl r against u..they can understand u..or to say they know u for who u r..n wish u wil never change..

blithering idiot said...

been there...done that..
totally understand the feeling...

shrecks said...

For the first time,a post from you that i will never try to contradict... :)

Ankesh Grover said...

@shrecko': thanks but which other posts would try and contradict??? :P

Niyati said...

i lov u too :-x

Preethi Prabhu said...

I would love to steal these lines...

Ankesh Grover said...

hehe...sure you are most welcome..
(just leave a link to this post though when you do so :P )

Preethi Prabhu said...

I just did. Thank you. Its on my FB wall...

Audreza said...

brilliantly worded.
As john Lennon and PAul McCartney had rightly stated long back,
"But of all these friends and lovers,
there is no one compares with you.
And these memories lose their meaning,
when I think of love as something new.
Though I know I'll never lose affection,
for people and things that went before;
I know I'll often stop and think about them,
in my life I love you more."

Tina said...

true :D

the saying goes.....

  • I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.Calvin and Hobbes

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog