Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the journey (17th july)

The harsh sound of the train’s whistle wakes me up from my melancholy……the scene in front of me, obscured a few moments ago by overpowering ennui, starts to come back into focus…its 2.30 am and the place is still full of activity…tatanagar railway station…..that’s where am at the moment…desperately waiting for the dawn to break so that I can catch the ranchi bound bus…..(yup, its those parts of the world where travelling at night even today can be fraught with life threatening situations…)…and am back to doing what lately I have started to do quiet often…..penning down my thoughts…..but today even thoughts seem to elude me…..its just one of those days when the mind simply goes blank, shunning out anything and everything within the realms of contemplation…I look around in a hope to pick up something interesting……with so much going around, am bound to...… but my eyes come to rest on the imposing digital clock, the two dots in the middle blinking for eternity…..these are the moments when one realizes that time can actually come to a standstill…..

Its 3.30 am and this is all what I have managed to write down….with the laptop battery now running out and the drowsiness at its peak, i decide to let the mind wander in the blankness of it all…..maybe it will stumble onto something worthwhile......

No comments:

the saying goes.....

  • I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.Calvin and Hobbes

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog