Friday, January 16, 2009

Book Review

Books read in the last 7 days
1. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
2. The Witch of Portebello by P. Coehlo
3. If God was a Banker by Ravi Subramaniam
4. Ofcourse I love you.....till i find someone else by Durjoy Dutta
5. Married but Avaialable by Abhijit Bhaduri
6. The Bancroft Strategy by Robert Ludlum
They are pretty much in the order i read them, and yes it was one after another....continuously. It was probably one of my longest reading sprees till now....you might be wondering just 6 books in a week and he’s calling it a reading spree...well my voraciousness for reading is a recent one. Not that i did not read earlier...a book or two a month was all i managed. So getting through with 6 books in a week is quite a feat for me.
I don’t think this post is exactly a book review. Another off late development, am not able to come up with apt titles for my post. This article has got more to do with helping me end my current ennui (am sitting in a train, travelling from Mumbai from Pune...after an exhausting but eventful day...a start i do want to write about, but prob. another time)

So let’s just begin by saying that all the books were of completely different genres, .....
This ain’t getting nowhere (nigger english you see)....I want to write but the ambience isn’t quite what i wanted it to be ...so am just going to sign off here itself and probably finish this off later.

That’s it from me....it’s still more than an hour to go before i reach home and am hoping my lappy battery lasts thru it....songs you see...no ipod yet!!(another of those things i plan on buying once i start saving money...)

No comments:

the saying goes.....

  • I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.Calvin and Hobbes

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog